What is your elevator pitch? John Livesay, the “Pitch Whisperer” is convinced that everyone needs to have one. You might be thinking, “What is a Pitch Whisperer?” Getting his audience to ask that question is part of his pitch! He says that every good pitch makes your audience say, “Tell me more.” John has made it his role in the business world to help entrepreneurs articulate their best pitch. A world class pitch doesn’t start with an appealing product, it starts with a good story. John wants to help leaders like you tell your story to the best of your ability! Don’t miss this valuable episode of Entrepreneur Unplugged!
Episode 061 - John Livesay - #Crafting Your #ElevatorPitch with The #Pitch #Whisperer Click To Tweet
What Makes a Great Pitch?
Why do investors choose one entrepreneur over another? Is it the product? NO! John Livesay, says it’s the sizzle not the steak, the jockey not the horse, the person not the product. Even if you don’t realize it, you have a brand. You have a story to tell. All you need are the tools necessary to succeed. John is dedicated to equipping as many leaders as possible. He has learned that EVERY great pitch answers two questions. “Who do you help?” and “What problem do you solve?” Don’t miss out on John’s game changing insights on this episode of Entrepreneur Unplugged!
Investing in Transformation over Information
You are in the room with a world class investor. It’s gut check time. Where does your elevator pitch go? Do you rely on information or transformation? John Livesay teaches that investors are moved by a story of transformation. When you get in this mindset, three things happen. You soar through the pitch instead of stumble through it. You inspire your prospective investor rather than bore them. You give clarity to your investor rather than confuse them. Your “why” has to be so much more than money! To hear more about how you can pitch with transformation in mind, listen to this eye opening episode of Entrepreneur Unplugged!#Investing in #Transformation over #Information Click To Tweet
Overcoming Common Fears
There are three common fears that leaders face. Fear of rejection, fear of failure, and fear of the unknown. John Livesay has learned how to overcome these frequent fears. To face the fear of rejection, John teaches that you can’t take rejection personally. If you want to overcome the fear of failure, he explains how you can use that failure as feedback. Finally, to defeat the fear of the unknown, John teaches that you can’t go it alone. Listen to John expand on these lessons and more on this episode of Entrepreneur Unplugged!
Stories are Key
“We are, as a species, addicted to story. Even when the body goes to sleep, the mind stays up all night, telling itself stories.” ~ Unknown
John Livesay teaches leaders that stories resonate deeply. He wants to convince leaders like you, that if you can learn to tell a good story, you can accomplish great success. John teaches that there are four elements to a story.
- Exposition – Who, What, When, Where, When
- Problem or obstacle to overcome
The better you can become at telling your story, the greater your chance of success. Investors and customers are inspired by great stories. Listen to John explain how to develop your story in a compelling way on this episode of Entrepreneur Unplugged!#Stories are #Key Click To Tweet
OUTLINE OF THIS EPISODE
- [1:05] Tony’s guest today: John Livesay – Funding Strategist, Pitch Whisperer
- [4:12] How to make a good pitch.
- [14:12] Facing your fears.
- [18:42] How has John’s podcast helped him in his business?
- [22:48] The power of stories.
- [25:35] What does John do for fun?
- [27:18] What book or podcast does John enjoy?
- [27:51] One piece of advice from John.
- [30:27] How to get in contact with John.
RESOURCES AND LINKS MENTIONED ON THIS EPISODE
- John’s website: http://sellingsecretsforfunding.com/
- John’s Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/John_Livesay
- John’s Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/John-Livesay-350212128437220/
- John’s Podcast: The Successful Pitch Podcast
- Text the word “Funding” to 66866 and John will email you a free PDF of “The Three Mistakes to Avoid When You Pitching Anything”
- John’s Book: The Successful Pitch
- Book: How to Be a Power Connector
- Podcast: Onward Nation
TWEETS YOU CAN USE TO SPREAD THE WORDWhat Makes a #Great #Pitch? Click To Tweet Overcoming #Common #Fears Click To Tweet