Dr. Sean Stephenson has an amazing story to tell. He has struggled with and has overcome insecurity. Sean had to battle his way through life from the very beginning. He was diagnosed with Osteogenesis Imperfecta, a disease that causes fragile bones that tend to break often. It also affected his height. Sean is three feet tall and has to cope with limited mobility. Despite all this, Sean thrives in life. He wants to tell everyone about the lessons he’s learned and share the tools he’s acquired in overcoming insecurity. In fact, Sean’s mission in life is to rid the world of insecurity. Listen to Sean’s inspiring story on this episode of Entrepreneur Unplugged!
What Does it take to “Go Viral?”
Have you ever wondered why a video on the internet goes “Viral?” Last year, after putting it off all day, Dr. Sean Stephenson posted his daily “1 Minute With Sean” video. Only, this time he didn’t speak on the video and he had no idea that it would go on to reach millions of people. Sean is convinced that his video went viral for three reasons. Sean says that all “Viral Videos” have at least one of these factors, sometimes all three.
- The content makes people laugh.
- The content makes people cry (happy or sad cry).
- The content makes people think (or rethink) about their life.
Don’t miss this great episode of Entrepreneur Unplugged to hear more from Sean!
How to Overcome Self Sabotage
Is it true that sometimes you can be your own worst enemy? Dr. Sean Stephenson believes so. He found, through his years of experience and study as a therapist that the narratives we tell ourselves can be damaging. When he hit rock bottom with insecurities, his mindset changed. Sean encourages everyone to examine the narratives that run their lives and ask “What do I REALLY believe about myself?” After he hit rock bottom with setbacks in romance and in the workforce it forced Sean to flip the script. He refused to let failure consume him. Make sure to sit down with pen and paper handy to hear more from Sean on this episode of Entrepreneur Unplugged.How to #Overcome #SelfSabotage Click To Tweet
When Life Works & When Life Sucks Lists
Dr. Sean Stephenson had been studying insecurity for years. He wondered why insecurity was holding back success in his own life. During his study, he uncovered certain patterns in the lives of people who had overcome insecurity. He compiled these finding in a list he calls the “When Life Works List” and its opposite, the “When Life Sucks List”.
When Life Works (You will find yourself practicing at least four of these a day).
- Prayer or Meditation
- Spending time with your significant other
- Spending time with your children
- Spending time with your mentors
- Being in nature
- Consuming good information about the mind, body, or spirit
- Being a mentor yourself, having an apprentice and reaching out to that individual
- Connecting with your Creator in whatever way that is for you
When Life Sucks (You will find yourself stuck doing these negative habits).
- Sleeping in too long
- Not grooming and practicing good hygiene
- Mindlessly surfing the internet
- Leaning on vices like alcohol, food, pornography, making fun of others, making fun of yourself
Make sure to catch this episode of Entrepreneur Unplugged to hear Sean expand more on this idea of overcoming insecurity!
A message of empowerment!
Dr. Sean Stephenson has been hearing doubters his whole life. His parents were told from the moment he was born that he wouldn’t survive past 24 hours. But Sean has persevered. He has a message for anyone battling doubts and insecurities, “Never believe a prediction that doesn’t empower you.” If you have struggled with narratives like “You aren’t going to make it”, “It isn’t going to last”, “You don’t have what it takes” Sean’s message is for you! Listen to this challenging episode of Entrepreneur Unplugged and let Sean’s message empower you!A #Message of #Empowerment! Click To Tweet
OUTLINE OF THIS EPISODE
- [1:06] Tony’s guest today: Dr. Sean Stephenson – Speaker, Entrepreneur, and Therapist
- [2:31] Dr. Stephenson’s story.
- [5:58] Dr. Stephenson talks about the viral video he launched last year.
- [9:02] Let’s talk about self-sabotage.
- [13:26] What Sean LOVES to do.
- [19:16] What makes something “go viral” and connect with people?
- [22:12] Sean’s journey to overcome adversity.
- [25:48] When “Life Works” & “Life Sucks” lists.
- [30:50] Getting stumped.
- [33:15] Why Sean writes.
- [36:20] Where to connect with Sean.
- [36:49] One last piece of advice from Sean.
RESOURCES AND LINKS MENTIONED ON THIS EPISODE
- Sean’s website: http://seanstephenson.com/
- Sean’s Viral Video: https://youtu.be/hWhMgzCUYs8
- Sean’s “When Life Works” Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2nIPJ6mXd4
- Sean’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/theseanstephenson/
- Sean’s Twitter page: https://twitter.com/TheSeantourage
- Sean’s Book “How to Stay Postive When Life Gets Crazy”: https://staypositive.securechkout.com/
- Genius Network website: http://geniusnetwork.com/main/
- Eben Pagan’s website: http://getaltitude.com/
TWEETS YOU CAN USE TO SPREAD THE WORDWhat Does it take to “Go #Viral?” Click To Tweet When #Life #Works & When #LifeSucks Lists Click To Tweet